Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ataraxis

Ataraxis is the result of a google search , uncovering a word I never recall hearing, for state I seek to attain.

Meaning: the absence of mental stress or anxiety.

Now, from my limited research into the achieving such a state of serenity, there seems to be a lot written, my focus currently is on the books " Eat, Pray, Love" and "The Handbook To Higher Consciousness". The latter basically seems to put forward a view similar to that of Buddhism, I have heard it described as "buddhism for westerners".

Of course I don't want to offend with my narrow description and analysis, I haven't even finished it. I've had the book for .. oh 3 weeks, and its no anthology! It seems that bossy part of myself that likes to think it is in charge, is trying to commandeer my pursuit for tranquility, because when I actually READ it, I find it really quite accessible.

Hmm anyway this blog is about me sorting out myself, though I'm beginning to feel that term 'self'' to be more fluid than I had originally thought.

Today I feel that if I wrote a book about trying to find my enlightened it would be called "Eat, Eat, Eat"... and not have quite as an inspiring impact I should imagine

1 comment:


  1. Thank you for sharing, I was fighting my cancer. A week after I turned 45 I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer that spread to my liver. It was a long hard journey but July 19 will be 5 years cancer free after drinking Dr Itua herbal medicine. I wish the best for anyone with cancer and I will recommend Dr Itua to anyone with cancer and Dr Itua will cure you completely. I’m thankful I meant Dr Itua on www.drituaherbalcenter.com. Stay on them about the ox platinum that can leave you with permanent damage. They backed down on mine after drinking dr itua herbal medicine and I don’t have any permanent side effects. Much love from California stays strong . If you have any questions You can write to Dr Itua Herbal Center on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com.
    Dr Itua Cures all kinds of human disease and infections and his herbal medicine is very effective.
    Read more from his website www.drituaherbalcenter.com.

    ReplyDelete